To help educators teach key elementary math concepts in an engaging way, Curriculum Associates is launching a free 10-part webinar series called Mathemagical Mindset: Creating Classrooms Where Students Thrive. During the webinars, which run from October 12 to November 10, 2021, math experts from Curriculum Associates will provide best practices, tips, and routines to help educators engage students in the learning process and cultivate a positive classroom culture.
“It goes without saying that students thrive when they are having fun while being engaged in the learning process,” said Elizabeth Peyser, national director of content and implementation at Curriculum Associates and one of the featured webinar presenters. “This new webinar series covers a variety of math topics and fresh ideas—from revising the mathematical mindset to experiencing math connections across grade levels to using academic routines and incorporating hands-on learning—that will help educators create an environment in which students can experience the magic of learning math.”
The Mathemagical Mindset series includes:
• Make Space for Math: Rethinking and Revising Mathematical Mindset on Tuesday, October 12, 2021
• Sharpen Your Focus: The Importance of Early Foundations for Success in Algebra on Thursday, October 14, 2021
• Making Sense of Number Sense on Monday, October 18, 2021
• Making Connection Routine: Using Academic Routines to Create Safe Spaces for Learning on Wednesday, October 20, 2021
• Leading Inclusive and Productive Math Communities on Monday, October 25, 2021
• Number Lines 101: The Fundamentals on Wednesday, October 27, 2021
• Accelerate the Math, Come On! Applying Acceleration Mindset Shifts to Ensure All Students Are Successful on Monday, November 1, 2021
• Number Lines 102: Fraction Computation on Wednesday, November 3, 2021
• What’s Your Angle on Angles? on Monday, November 8, 2021
• Mathemagical Moments: Fun Activities to Calm Brains and Have More Fun with Math! on Wednesday, November 10, 2021
All webinars will be held at 3 p.m. ET and last for 45 minutes.
To learn more and register for the upcoming webinars, visit Cvent.me/ZqQgb1.
The American Consortium for Equity in Education, publisher of the "Equity & Access" journal, celebrates and connects the educators, associations, community partners and industry leaders who are working to solve problems and create a more equitable environment for historically underserved pre K-12 students throughout the United States.