UWorld College Prep Announces AP® Success Grant Winners
To help students taking AP courses in the 2022–2023 school year, the company has awarded more than $130,000 in resources and support to 21 high schools in 14 states
DALLAS, TX (August 2022) — UWorld, the worldwide leader in online learning to prepare for high-stakes exams, today announced that it has awarded more than $130,000 in AP® resources and support to 21 high schools in 14 states. The UWorld AP Success Grant is designed to help schools and districts build equity in their AP programs by providing high-quality teaching and learning tools to ensure that all AP teachers and students are supported and successful.
“There’s a misconception that students in AP courses don’t need much support,” said Chandra S. Pemmasani, M.D., UWorld’s founder and CEO. “But after helping millions of medical, law, and accounting students understand very difficult concepts, we know that’s not true. Our passion is empowering educators in providing opportunities and support to all AP students while helping students achieve success in high school and beyond.”
Grant recipients receive access to UWorld’s online Learning Tools for AP Courses for all available AP subjects for the 2022-2023 school year, as well as personalized start-up training and ongoing support. The Learning Tools include:
- Content for students;
- Assignment tools and progress monitoring for teachers; and
- Assessments and reporting at the student, class, campus, and district levels.
Winners include the following:
- Aiken County Public Schools in Aiken, SC
- Brillion Public Schools in Brillion, WI
- Carver Vocational Technical High School in Baltimore City, Baltimore, MD
- Cheney School District in Cheney, WA
- Cristo Rey St. Viator College Prep in North Las Vegas, NV
- Dearborn High School in Dearborn, MI
- Desert Heights Preparatory Academy in Desert Heights School District, Glendale, AZ
- Manasquan School District in Manasquan, NJ
- Manitowoc Lutheran High School in Manitowoc, WI
- Marion County School District in Columbia, MS
- Middletown School District in Leonardo, NJ
- Moore County Schools in Carthage, NC
- Mount Olive High School in Flanders, NJ
- Rancho High School in Clark County, Las Vegas, NV
- The Renaissance Charter School in Jackson Heights, NY
- San Pedro Gifted STEAM Magnet in Los Angeles Unified School District, Los Angeles, CA
- Senatobia Municipal School District in Senatobia, MS
- Socorro Independent School District in El Paso, TX
- Washington Central/ U-32 School District in Marshfield, VT
- Westmont High School in Campbell Union, San Jose, CA
- Xavier College Prep in Palm Desert, CA
UWorld’s Learning Tools for AP Courses offer a user experience that encourages productive struggle to help master complex subjects. The exam preparation analyzes the logic students use to arrive at a solution and give them in-depth explanations of why that method was effective or if there was an alternative that would have led to a more successful outcome.
UWorld questions, answer choices, and explanations are modeled after College Board®-level questions and updated weekly to ensure rigor and alignment to current AP courses and tests. UWorld Learning Tools for AP Courses covers more than 14 subjects, including English Literature, English Language, History, Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, and Psychology, with more being added in 2023. UWorld’s active-learning approach helps students build the stamina and perseverance to try, fail, learn from their mistakes, try again, and succeed.
While recognizing that there’s no one-size-fits-all method to close equity gaps for students in AP courses, Pemmasani concluded, “If all of us who serve in education can work together to identify these gaps, we can begin to formulate practical and sustainable solutions. If we make it our collective mission to bridge the equity gap in education and AP, we will prioritize the needs of underserved and underrepresented students.”
For more information or to schedule an interview with a UWorld representative, please contact PRP Group’s Stacey Dillon, Public Relations Strategist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 225-4809 (cell). Please directly contact awarded school districts for comments on the impact of the UWorld AP grant.
UWorld is the worldwide leader in online learning to prepare for high-stakes exams. Since 2003, UWorld has helped millions of undergraduate, graduate, and professional students prepare for their exams. At the core of UWorld’s mission is an obsession with quality, so that students receive only the best in learning resources. Whether students are preparing for the ACT®, SAT®, CFA, CPA, Bar Exam, MCAT®, NCLEX®, PANCE/PANRE, NAPLEX®, USMLE®, ABIM®, or ABFM®, UWorld ensures success by using active learning methods. With challenging practice questions that mirror the real tests and unrivaled explanations, students can efficiently and effectively prepare for every topic on their exams. To learn more, please visit UWorld.com.
(480) 225-4809 cell
The American Consortium for Equity in Education, publisher of the "Equity & Access" journal, celebrates and connects the educators, associations, community partners and industry leaders who are working to solve problems and create a more equitable environment for historically underserved pre K-12 students throughout the United States.