America’s Promise Alliance’s National Survey of High School Students during COVID-19 finds widespread negative impact on learning time, emotional health, and social connection.
- More than half are much more concerned about the present and the future (self and family physical and emotional health)
- 38% worried about current and future education
- 30% worried about basic needs
- 25% trouble sleeping because of worry, unhappiness, depression
- 29% don’t feel connected to others
Join VS America on March 19 for a conversation with diverse practitioners – including a school administrator, clinical officer, social justice specialist, learning designer, as well as students – to dive into the opportunities and obstacles for students and staff, and discover how schools can create spaces to allow for the healing and connectivity needed.