PBLWorks’ signature professional development conference for Project Based Learning will take place in-person June 27-30, 2022 in Napa, California
PBLWorks, the leading provider of professional development for high-quality Project Based Learning (PBL), will host its 12th annual PBL World conference June 27-30 2022 at American Canyon High School in Napa, California. The conference is returning to an in-person format for the first time since 2019 due to the pandemic and is expected to draw 2,000 teachers and school and district leaders from around the world.
“After two years of challenging teaching and disengaged students due to the pandemic, it is time to get students excited about their learning again and Project Based Learning is a great way to do this,” said Bob Lenz, CEO of PBLWorks. “Getting the training and support to do PBL well is what PBL World is all about. By offering the annual event in person this year, we will bring teachers, instructional coaches and administrators together to collaborate on this important work. We look forward to providing four days of inspiring, high quality PBL professional development.”
PBL World 2022 is a multi-day conference for teachers, instructional coaches, and school and district leaders who are ready to begin or advance their Project Based Learning practice and connect with a community of their peers. PBL World engages participants in immersive workshops based on PBLWorks’ Gold Standard PBL model and helps them develop plans to implement PBL in their classrooms, schools and districts. The conference offers inspiring speakers, engaging workshops, and dedicated time for networking. Highlights of PBL World 2022 include:
Daily keynotes from engaging, inspiring speakers:
- Lisa D. Delpit, a nationally-known speaker and writer whose work has focused on the education of children of color and perspectives, aspirations and pedagogy of teachers of color. Delpit recently retired as Felton G. Clark Distinguished Professor of Education at Southern University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is currently the principal of the consulting firm, Delpit Learning.
- The students of Napa New Tech Network High School, who will share their personal journeys with PBL and how it transformed their lives.
- The 2022 PBL Champions. This awards program recognizes a nominated school, a district, and an individual for their commitment to quality PBL work that has had a positive impact on students. The recipients will be announced at the conference and have the opportunity to share their PBL stories. Nominations are open through April 1, 2022. Submit a nomination here: https://bie.tfaforms.net/4638652.
The announcement of the John Larmer “JL” Lifelong Learner Award recipients:
Named after PBLWorks’ former director and editor-in-chief, this award recognizes three teachers who are impacting and expanding the work of Project Based Learning for all students. Nominations are open through April 1, 2022. Submit a nomination here: https://bie.tfaforms.net/4638653.
Workshops based on PBLWorks’ Gold Standard PBL Model:
PBL World offers several three-day workshops led by PBLWorks National Faculty members to help participants learn how to implement and support PBL in their school or district. Participants can register to receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs), provided in partnership with Sonoma State University, a campus of the California State University System. Workshops include:
- PBL 101
- PBL 201: Improving the Quality of Student Work
- PBL 201: Equity & Gold Standard PBL
- PBL Leadership
- PBL Coaching
Participants can also add on an optional one-day pre-conference session on June 27, 2022.
- Social Emotional Learning in PBL
- Project Slice: The Art of Persuasion
- Project Slice: Sustainable Future
- Project Slice: Making Space for Change
Project Slice is an immersive workshop that gives participants a taste of what it’s like to be a learner in a PBL classroom.
For information and to register for PBL World 2022, visit https://www.pblworks.org/pbl-world-2022. All participants will be required to show proof of vaccination prior to attending.