Introductory and advanced workshops meet the needs of educators and administrators wherever they are in their Project Based Learning journey
PBLWorks, the leading provider of professional development for Project Based Learning (PBL), has opened enrollment for its summer professional development workshops which are designed to help teachers and instructional leaders implement Gold Standard Project Based Learning in their classrooms. A variety of workshops are available to support those who are just getting started on their PBL Journey and others support seasoned PBL educators looking to advance their PBL skills. All courses are offered online, making it easy for participants to attend, no matter where they are located.
To see the full list of upcoming workshops and courses and to register, visit: https://www.pblworks.org/calendar. This includes a variety of dates throughout the summer, as well as at the annual Project Based Learning conference PBL World, hosted by PBLWorks on June 21-24, 2021.
“Research shows that Project Based Learning is incredibly effective, but no one becomes a PBL instructor overnight. It takes practice to do it well,” said Bob Lenz, CEO of PBLWorks. “Our professional development programs provide both the training and the ongoing support every step of the way to help teachers get started with PBL and then build on those skills. We also help school and district leaders create a climate where PBL can thrive. Summer is a great time to get started and we’re looking forward to welcoming teachers and administrators into our workshops in Summer 2021.”
Upcoming workshops include:
Introductory workshops which provide a grounding in Gold Standard PBL, including the Essential Design Elements and Project Based Teaching Practices. Courses include:
- PBL 101: An Intro to PBL Project Design (3-day online workshop)
- Adapting Your First PBL Project (8-week online course)
- Becoming a PBL Teacher (8-week online course)
- PBL Leadership Workshop (3-day workshop for teams of school and district leaders)
Advanced workshops which are for educators and instructional leaders who have already taken PBL 101 and want to advance their PBL practice, include:
- PBL 201: Improving the Quality of Student Work (3-day online workshop)
- PBL 201: Equity & Gold Standard PBL – (3-day online workshop – new at PBL World 2021)
- PBL Coaching Workshop (3-day online workshop for instructional coaches and leaders)