To support middle school math educators with their ongoing instruction, Curriculum Associates is launching a new, nine-part webinar series called Math in the Middle: A Plan to Engage and Motivate Middle School Students. The complimentary series, which kicks off on April 6 and runs until May 4, will provide both teachers and coaches with fresh ideas and practical ways to engage students, increase their motivation, and develop independent mathematical thinkers.
“Teaching is both an art and a science, especially when it comes to teaching middle school math,” said Elizabeth Peyser, National Director of Content and Implementation at Curriculum Associates—and one of the featured webinar presenters. “During this formative time in students’ lives, it is so important for educators to connect and engage with students during the learning process, while helping them build critical math skills. The upcoming webinars will provide educators with new and impactful strategies they can immediately put into action to help their students succeed.”
The Math in the Middle series includes:
- Is Your System Working? Rethinking Algebra 1 Acceleration Practices in Middle School on Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- Managing Middle School Math through Reading on Wednesday, April 7, 2021
- Moving Beyond Cross-Multiply and Divide on Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- Don’t Mess with the Middle on Thursday, April 15, 2021
- What’s Your Angle on Angles? on Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Success Leaves Clues: Five Lessons to Strengthen MS Math Implementations on Thursday, April 22, 2021
- Fraction Computation on Number Lines on Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- Empower, Engage, and Excite Learning with i-Ready® ClassroomÔ Mathematics on Thursday, April 29, 2021
- “Get Me Outta Here!” Escape Room Math on Tuesday, May 4, 2021
All webinars will be held at 3 p.m. ET and last for 45 minutes.