The American Consortium for Equity in Education is hiring a motivated, organized, and professional sales and account management representative to join our growing team. The inside sales and key accounts representative will be responsible for organizing and qualifying leads, developing new leads, conducting continuous outreach with current and prospective customers, customizing proposals to meet their needs, and ensuring a smooth onboarding and delivery process. You should be able to close sales and meet targets. This is a contract role with commission-based compensation.
About the Consortium
The American Consortium for Equity in Education is the premier media organization dedicated exclusively to promoting equity and access in PreK-12 education in the U.S. Through our flagship podcast, Education Talk Radio, the Equity & Access PreK-12 Journal and the ace-ed.org website, we engage tens of thousands of education leaders nationwide, along with professionals across the industry. We are also the presenters of the Excellence in Equity Awards, honoring dozens of educators and education companies annually.
Inside Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Serve as a lead sales representative for the Consortium’s suite of offerings, including Corporate Memberships, sponsorship and advertising, custom publishing, and Consortium Creative Services
- Make outbound calls and emails to potential clients and follow up on inbound leads
- Understand clients’ needs, identify sales opportunities, and develop appropriate proposals
- Ensure that clients’ ad materials and other deliverables are submitted to the editorial team in time to meet deadlines
- Maintain contact with new and existing clients to ensure successful onboarding and high-quality account management
- Create and maintain a database of current and potential customers
- Populate and update project management board for client fulfillment
- Keep up to date on our current offerings and accurately answer clients’ questions and inquiries
- Conduct sales calls and compellingly represent the value proposition of working with the Consortium
- Stay informed about competing products and services
- Research and qualify new leads
- Close sales achieve sales targets
Keys to Success:
- Ability to build instant rapport and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Competitive and self-motivated.
- Highly organized and skilled at self-management.
- Professional demeanor and communication skills.
Inside Sales Representative Requirements:
- Previous sales experience preferred but we will consider candidates with other relevant experience and an eagerness to learn
- A working knowledge of (and interest in) the pre K-12 industry
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and project management software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Excellent phone and video call skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong listening and sales skills
- Ability to achieve targets