Flinn Scientific, a flagship provider of science lab materials and safety and STEM solutions for the K-16 education market, is offering district and school leaders the Professional Learning Summer Webinar Series to help them plan for a safe return to school. Taking place during June and July, the free webinars are designed to provide facts and information to enhance student learning and facilitate instruction in a safe way, regardless of the learning modality.
“It is critical for district and school personnel, safety officers, and science educators to have the most timely and relevant safety information as they plan for what next school year may look like,” said Michael Lavelle, CEO of Flinn Scientific. “Our new Professional Learning Summer Webinar Series provides the facts and recommendations these leaders need to make informed decisions that will keep students and staff safe once school returns.”
The webinars curate the top recommendations from recognized leaders in education, safety, and protection worldwide to help education leaders understand effective safety measures, processes, and protocols, as well as to help them shape their own data-driven plans for the coming school year. Each webinar is an hour long.
For school and district personnel, topics include:
- Guidance to Safe School Re-Entry (Part A): Will cover safety preparation and concerns within schools and maintaining a physically and mentally healthy school environment.
- Guidance to Safe School Re-Entry (Part B): Will cover maintaining healthy operations when schools are open and COVID-19 school modifications, as well as continuity in education.
- School Leadership OSHA Science Safety Guidance: Will cover the OSHA Lab Standard and how it applies to teachers and the overall school system.
For safety officers, science department chairs, and science teachers, topics include:
- Lab Safety 101 (Part 1): Will cover common safety protocols and best-practices including safety contracts; chemical storage; how to deal with emergency situations such as fires, floods, chemical spills; orphan chemicals; and more.
- Lab Safety 101 (Part 2): Will cover common science department safety concerns including chemical storage issues, labelling, Globally Harmonized System (GHS), inventory controls, personal protective equipment (PPE) usage, and best practices in the lab and prep areas.
- Elementary Science and STEM Safety K-8: Will cover the safe and proper use and storage of science equipment, apparatuses, hand tools, and more, as well as review checklists and things to watch for with students.
To learn more and register for these upcoming webinars, visit https://www.flinnsci.com/professional-learning/.
Flinn Scientific supports STEM/STEAM educators in opening young minds to the challenges and joys of scientific discovery and the design thinking process. The leader in science education and lab supplies and safety, Flinn Scientific also provides learning systems and professional development that incorporate differentiated digital experiences with hands-on learning grounded in the real-world to help all students think critically, explore like scientists and engineers, and solve problems creatively so they are ready for college and careers in an increasingly technology-driven world.
The American Consortium for Equity in Education, publisher of the "Equity & Access" journal, celebrates and connects the educators, associations, community partners and industry leaders who are working to solve problems and create a more equitable environment for historically underserved pre K-12 students throughout the United States.